Blog Archive

Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What happens when we sleep?


One of the best ways to relax is sleeping. Approximately one third of our life is spent asleep, but when I started to think about sleep, I realized my mind was completely blank. All I knew was that all creatures go to sleep at some point in 24 hours. To find out more, I decided to spend a weekend with the director of a Sleep Laboratory, where scientists try to find out what happens when we sleep. I took a long list of questions to ask her.

First of all, I wanted to know why we sleep. Dr Hernandez said:

'Well, years ago we didn't really know, but recent science has shown that people who don’t sleep enough soon get ill and often die.' So it seems that when we sleep our bodies are being 'repaired'. She went on to say that a lot of natural chemicals come into our bl
ood while we sleep and these can help

No comments:

Post a Comment